Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Holidays


Stress and the Holidays
This is basically good advice from the Department of Defense, along with a bunch of apps for keeping calm.
I left a comment with links to PTSD and Holidays, Can't You Just Be Normal for One Day? and When Holidays Hurt.
When I sent out the first PTSD and Holidays I didn't even think of it as a major topic. The issue was on Anger and the holiday article was on page 5. It was shorter than the one I linked to above, but I got a letter from a VA social worker who told me her WWII combat veterans had had their first good Christmas since the war after they read that.
Maybe it will help you too!
When I was doing the PT Gazette, it was subscribed to by a bunch of good therapists who used it for topics in group.
BTW, I checked back with the DOD blog and they did not accept my comment. Why do I feel slighted? Why am I surprised. I have experience. They have theory...

No comments:

Post a Comment