Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vietnam and All Veterans Reunion Talks

I will be giving my usual two talks at the Vietnam and All Veterans Reunion at Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, FL. When you enter the park, drive around to the right till you see the Moving Vietnam Wall. The Wall Pavilion, where I give the talks will be in front of it.
At 3:00 on Saturday afternoon, I will be talking about Recovering from the War. Since PTSD is a normal reaction to war, I discuss the symptoms as survival skills, give a little history (Saul and Achilles had it), discuss effects on the family and make suggestions for how to begin to recover.
At 10:30 AM on Sunday, I will talk about The War at Home. I talk about what each symptom of PTSD did for the veteran during the war, then what it may be doing to the veteran today, and how that may be affecting the family.
My husband served in Vietnam, but I have been told that the talks I give are helpful to the new vets. I will have free handouts and copies of Recovering from the War for sale.
I try to share my own experience, strength and hope at these talks. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment