Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A rant from Belleruth and me

Belleruth Naparstek has the same problem I have, no one can get her stuff onto Military Onesource. see her rant
She has people who work for her. I am a single person business and years ago, when I first heard of Military Onesource, I tried to get added, but since I am just a wife and not a professional or a big business, I had no luck, so I gave up.
They do list books, five of them. Not mine, Recovering from the War, not the new one by Cynthia Orange from Hazleden, Shock Waves: A Practical Guide to Living with a Loved One's PTSD, not Edward Tick's War and the Soul: Healing Our Nation's Veterans from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, not Belleruth's CD's and her book Invisible Heroes.
To say I am pissed is an understatement. There is also no easy way to contact them and ask to be included. Why not add a button for authors, veterans, etc to get in touch and suggest resources? Do they give a sh*t? Apparently not.
Whoever is looking out for our soldiers and veterans is not looking very hard for stuff that actually helps. Better to have a big expensive website, Military Onesource, run by a big corporation making billions of dollars that doesn't even list PTSD as something you might need help with. It also has a what appeared to me to be totally worthless find function which brings up page after page of links to the same posts on the supposed discussion list about having a husband with PTSD, but no information.
So if you are an active duty vet or family member looking for something to read or listen to that might help you deal with PTSD, I invite you to come to my website, Patience Press, where there are free articles, or read the rest of my rants, or try Belleruth's guided meditations (see link above).

2 comments:

  1. Freeze, don't move, what happened?
    My body says attack!
    Adrenaline pumped till my hands shake!
    My body says attack!
    Full of anger, ready to kill!
    My body says attack!
    No hesitation, I'm combat ready!
    My body says attack!
    But wait, I'm home, no combat here.
    My body says attack!
    Unconcious cues bring it all back.
    My body says attack!
    I'm helpless in my anger when
    My body says attack!
    My son threw down his hotwheels car.
    My body said attack!
    He yelled a loud defiant "No!"
    My body said attack!
    Thank God I learned to wait and see when
    My body says attack!

    I didn't know until EFT took the pain out of the memories that this would go away too. Insomnia, perimeter checks, flashbacks and so on were hard on me for 40 years. The rage response at every confrontation affect my work and personal relationships from the day I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us more about EFT, what the letters stand for and how it is done, please.

    ReplyDelete